This Thursday, 20th September, there's going to be a day of activities for people with learning disabilities, their carers and support staff at Salford City's Moor Lane stadium.
The 9th Annual Big Health Day will focus on fun, while learning about how to maintain and improve physical health related to issues that are most important for people with learning disabilities.
There will be seven Health zones, each with workshop or activity...
• Sensory, with a workshop 'Eye Tests Made Easy' by SPICE
• Bowel and Bladder Health, with a workshop 'What I Need To Know' by Unique Improvements
• Dysphagia, with a workshop 'Safe Eating and Drinking' by CLDT
• Epilepsy, with a workshop, 'What Is Epilepsy and How Can I Help' by CLDT
• My Lifestyle, with a workshop on healthy eating by CLDT
• My Health Rights and Advocacy, with a workshop by MIND
• Health Checks by CLDT
Salford Community Leisure will also be running an accessible 'exercise for all' session after lunch, Adventures Await is trying to bring an accessible climbing wall for people to try, and there'll be a prize draw with mystery prizes.
"We are looking to help break down the main health inequalities faced by people with learning disabilities whilst having a bit of fun along the way" state the organisers, Salford CCG, Salford City Council and the Community Learning Disabilities Team.
Big Health Day
Thursday 20th September 10am-2:45pm free
Salford City FC, Moor Lane M7 3PZ
To talk about support needs or to book a place please call Linzi Brook as soon as possible on 0161 212 4951 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org