HOME   ARCHIVE   GALLERY   SHOP   ABOUT US      
 

 
MEDIA CITY UNDER FIRE IN SALFORD
 

Media City Accused of Showing Its Backside To Salford

As Media City begins to take shape in Salford, residents are pointing out that, while all the big fancy towers face Manchester and the Quays, all the car parks and site entrances are backing onto Salford’s community…


Media City
click image to enlarge

“This is Media City showing its arse to Salford” says a resident of Langworthy, pointing at the vast multi-storey car park and site entrances that back onto the Weaste, Seedley and Langworthy areas of the city.

And a walk around the back of Media City confirms the view.  A huge car park, some site offices and the entrance to the Pie Factory, where filming is already happening, are all that can be seen.  The huge sign for the Media City studio actually faces the Quays and The Lowry. 

Despite promises from Media City that the huge project will include the community, the building work so far does not look over-inclusive…

The Truth wrote
at 1:52:08 AM on Monday, June 27, 2011
I have a great idea for the bbc and media city,the quays etc. To show that the site will be fully integrated and for the benefit of all Salford people, how about moving the travellers site from Duchy to the quays? It would give the bbc a chance to do a few documentaries about them. RESULT
 
Please enter your comment below:
 
 
 
SLADS
Salford Live Events
Salford Star contact
Salford Star
Salford Star print
Deli Lama
advertisement
 
Contact us
phone: 07957 982960
Facebook       Twitter
 
 
Recent comments
article: NO TIMETABLE FOR THE REMOVAL OF CLADDING ON NINE SALFORD TOWER BLOCKS
I believe it is because the failed block is part of Salix, not Pendleton Together. At least that is what I have found, unless you ... [more]
article: SALFORD RESIDENTS BEING KEPT IN DARK OVER TOWER BLOCK DANGER
No one can say that the Salford Star doesn't investigate and report in detail. This paper has a genuine social concern and reports... [more]
article: NO TIMETABLE FOR THE REMOVAL OF CLADDING ON NINE SALFORD TOWER BLOCKS
According to the BBC news website today, the Salford cladding has failed the fire safety test. Nobody at Pendleton Together has in... [more]
article: SALFORD RESIDENTS BEING KEPT IN DARK OVER TOWER BLOCK DANGER
Salix-To save on the costs of removing the cladding from one of the blocks, how about you move your offices into one of the blocks... [more]
article: SALFORD RESIDENTS BEING KEPT IN DARK OVER TOWER BLOCK DANGER
Absolutely well said Stephen Kingston! Together Housing SP+ and particularly Paul Hayes won the contract to refurbish Pendleton h... [more]
 
 
 
 
 
Days
Hours
Minutes
Seconds
 
 
 

Donate

Help the Salford Star...

all donations welcome

 
 

More articles...

SALIX HOMES TO STRIP CLADDING FROM SALFORD TOWER BLOCKS

Star date: 25th June 2017

SALIX HOMES CLADDING TO BE REMOVED AFTER TESTS

After Salford Council announced it was removing cladding from nine Pendleton Together tower blocks, this afternoon Salix Homes has informed residents that it is removing cladding from Canon Hussey Court on the Islington Estate.

In a letter to residents, Salix states that "the cladding sample provided for Canon Hussey Court has been identified as a higher risk component". Work to remove "affected cladding" will begin this week. The Salford Star understands that cladding is also to be removed from other blocks.

Full details here...

SALFORD PALS HONOURED IN NEW PLAY FOR GM FRINGE

Star date: 25th June 2017

GREATER MANCHESTER FRINGE COMES TO SALFORD

From Heaven To Hell
Saturday 1st- Monday 3rd July
Salford Arts Theatre £8

The excellent Greater Manchester Fringe arrives at the Salford Arts Theatre this year via a new play honouring the sacrifice made by local heroes at the Battle of the Somme, written by Danny Clifford and directed by Sue Jenkins.

Full details here...

NO TIMETABLE FOR THE REMOVAL OF CLADDING ON NINE SALFORD TOWER BLOCKS

Star date: 25th June 2017

IT COULD BE MONTHS BEFORE CLADDING REMOVED IN SALFORD

"There will be no waiting around in Salford whilst there are any questions about the safety of our residents..."

On Friday, Salford City Mayor Paul Dennett announced that cladding on nine Pendleton Together tower blocks was to be removed... "We take the safety of our residents very seriously and are taking immediate steps" he declared.

Yesterday, residents were told by Pendleton Together that the cladding will not be removed until replacement material is ready to go up – which could take months. And new fire safety advice has been issued, to leave not stay in the event of a fire.

Full details here... Update: 12noon: Cladding is now being removed 'immediately'

SALFORD RESIDENTS BEING KEPT IN DARK OVER TOWER BLOCK DANGER

Star date: 24th June 2017

POTENTIALLY TOXIC CLADDING IN OVER A DOZEN SALFORD TOWER BLOCKS

At yesterday's press conference, Salford City Mayor, Paul Dennett, said that removing cladding on the nine Pendleton tower blocks was the "right and moral thing to do". Yet Salford City Council knows every component in all cladding in the city which planning officers have passed, and has not disclosed this information.

The Salford Star has investigated, as far as it can, the cladding and materials used in tower block refurbishment and the results are frightening...Materials used on Magnolia Court, Sycamore Court and Mulberry Court should avoid "Exposed heat, flames and/or sparks"; Arthur Millwood Court and Canon Hussey Court are fitted with panels from the same manufacturer as Grenfell Tower, and there's more.

Full details here...

SALFORD RED DEVILS LAST GASP LOSS TO ST HELENS

Star date: 23rd June 2017

ST HELENS 25 SALFORD RED DEVILS 24

Salford Red Devils were beaten by a last gasp kick, as the Saints fought back from what looked like a cert Salford win, as Simon Williams reports, with photos by Steve McCormick.

Match report here...

 



written and produced by Salfordians for Salfordians
with attitude and love xxx